GRANDMA AND HERON HARRY SAY EAT ALKALINE FOODS
Do you know the Principles of Alkalinity? Our blood is naturally slightly alkaline, with a normal pH level between 7.35 and 7.45. With today’s lifestyle, the alkalinity varies greatly, so the first step is using our diet as a tool to return the body to these optimum alkaline pH levels.
An alkaline diet includes fresh fruit, vegetables, roots and tubers, nuts, and legumes. Almost all digested foods once absorbed and metabolized, release either an acid or an alkaline base (bicarbonate) into blood. It is important that we maintain the alkaline base. We achieve this by drinking plenty of alkaline, or ionized, water or eating an alkaline diet.
9 Tips to successfully alkalinizing your Diet
- Eat lots of vegetables and fruits. Most are alkalinizing
- –Drink the juice of half a lemon or lime in water as a beverage.
- –Eat 1 cup of alkalinizing greens
- –Eat millet and quinoa as an option to the acid forming grains (wheat, brown rice)
- –Learn to make a miso broth (1 tsp of miso dissolved in one cup of hot, not bo8iling, water.
- –Make blender drinks using alkaline juices, green powdered supplements and fruits
- –Choose fish and lamp over beef and chicken for less acid forming animal protein
- –Use olive oil as it is less acid forming than other vegetable oils.
- –Use buffered Vitamin C to alkalinize-e the system.